Comfort Partners, energy support for income qualified residents.

The New Jersey Comfort Partners Program is a free program for income qualified utility customers that can help you and your family to save money and energy!
You do NOT have to own your home to participate.

Through the Comfort Partners program, contractors from the Certified Building Performance Institute will install energy saving measures in your home. These measures can include: efficient lighting, insulation, air sealing, duct sealing and repair, and more.

Program representatives will also work with you in to help you find ways to reduce energy consumption in your house or apartment.

Are you eligible?

If you participate in any of the following programs and live in a house that has been built more than five years ago you may be eligible to participate in this program.

Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
Pharmaceutical Assistance to the Aged and Disabled (PAAD)
Section 8 Housing
Federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
Universal Service Fund (USF)

New Jersey Households at or below 225% of the federal poverty guidelines are also eligible. For a family of four that’s a yearly income of $54,563.

Households that are heated by oil, kerosene, or propane are NOT eligible to participate in this program. If you have oil, kerosene, or propane heat you should call the Department of Community Affairs Office of Weatherization at 800-510-3102.

How to get started:

The first step is to call the Comfort Partners program directly at 888-773-8326 or submit an application through the mail. You can access the application at

After your application is received a representative from the program will set up an appointment to talk to you to verify your eligibility for the program. Once your eligibility is confirmed they will set up a time to meet with you in your home to determine which energy-saving measures will work for your house or apartment.

At the present time, the program representatives speak only English and Spanish. If you do not have a member of the household who speaks either of those languages fluently, you should locate an English speaker who can translate for you.

To see the official Comfort Partners website, visit